Thursday, September 29, 2011

QR Codes

What is that jumbled square picture popping up everywhere?  It's a QR code which stands for Quick Response. QR codes create a fast way to get information to your cell without typing. This is a simple technology that is easy and affordable for educators and students.  Use a free smart phone app like QR Reader for iPhone to take a picture of the code. 

qrcode

Kaywa QR-Code is a free code generator that creates a permalink and embed code. Next year I am adding a QR code similar to this one as the first frame of my Back to School Prezi.  Parents can instantly access the presentation anytime they need it.  Try this one out--it will take you straight to my classroom blog!  How could you use QR codes to make information more quickly accessible?

4 comments:

  1. These are really cool. I have seen them before but never paid them much attention. I could see putting these on my course syllabus and linking students to my homework page. Or putting them on progress reports to send parents to our PowerSchool Access page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! I have always wonder about this but never had time to figure it out. I really like this Johnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded the QR reader to my I-phone. It read your qr codes and it shows up on my phone. When I try to go to it I get the message cannot load QR code. Any ideas?

    I do think this is really cool! I like your idea of linking classroom info to it. I think you can put them on business cards. That would be a great way to hand it to parents at conferences and open house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sara, I re-embedded the QR embed code from the Kaywa generator site. Let me know if it works for you. I use an app called Scan QR Code City on my iPhone, and it worked for me.

    ReplyDelete