Friday, September 9, 2011

Google Earth in the Classroom

When I started looking at Google Earth as a resource, it was difficult to imagine exactly how to use it.  This short set of slides gave me a great starting place.  Next week, I am beginning my Me on the Map unit.  Each morning, the students will see a well-known local landmark on Google Earth on the Promethean Board.  They can explore the area and try to figure out where it is.  Beginning with the school playground, I will eventually zoom out to the golf course or high school football field.  We will use it to discuss vocabulary including near, far, local, rural, urban, suburban, borders, communities, cities, states, and countries.

26 Interesting Ways and Tips ...


More PowerPoint presentations from aSGuest113318
  
How will you use Google Earth in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment