Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Voki Classroom

One of my first grad. school classes featured Vokis for classroom use. Now Voki has its own site especially geared to education (Voki Classroom). The educator's Voki site offers teachers the options to manage students, manage classes and lessons, review Vokis, or showcase student work.  I am going to extend the idea of Build Your Wild Self and have the children create their own Vokis.  I can create Vokis to explain computer lab tasks or maybe a video podcast.  The children can use their avatars to present their favorite library book, a vacation experience, record a letter to a friend, or even record themselves reading a short story.


3 comments:

  1. I love the voki and using it on my webpages. I was happy to actually learn about voki before I started class I knew nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so creative! You find the best Web 2.0 tools and do such a great job incorporating them into daily instruction. I know your students are always so engaged because you find the best ways to teach them content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say exactly what Lindsey said- Johnna, you always have excellent resources. I don't even feel like I have to subscribe to any other web 2.0 blogs- I just need to keep up with yours! You've got some really cool stuff. My students LOVED using Vokis when I let them for a presentation last year. They came in day after day finding excellent resources and working with their vokis. The assignment didn't necessarily change much, but because they had a different way to present their material they were much more engaged.

    ReplyDelete